Re: Oracle VM

From: Greg Rahn <greg_at_structureddata.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:57:20 -0700

That is incorrect. VMware can run directly on the bare metal. "VMware ESX and VMware ESXi are “bare-metal” hypervisors, meaning they install directly on top of the physical server and partition it into multiple virtual machines that can run simultaneously, sharing the physical resources of the underlying server" http://www.vmware.com/products/esx/

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn