Re: OEM select statement take 3 minutes to finish???

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:14:20 -0400

I think that I'd start with the usual approach to SQL tuning before raising a support ticket, little things like explain plan, stats validity, extended SQL trace and so on.

Then I'd probably consider whether or not a workaround existed; in this case for example em is collecting ts quota information, does it need to? Does it need to at the suggested frequency and so on. Only after all this was exhausted would I raise an SR.

I have however now seen enough examples of this sort of code to exclude oracle supplied schemas that I think Oracles data dictionary would be enhanced by providing tables of Oracle supplied schemas, tablespaces etc, rather than using hard coded in lists.

Niall Litchfield

On Apr 19, 2010 10:34 AM, "Dba DBA" <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com> wrote:

I had to have a bug fix added to the latest oem grid patch for an oem query that ran for hours and we had to kill it several times/day. It took 6 months to get the patch done (not exaggerating).

open a ticket for support, but be prepared to wait.

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 4:01 PM, dba1 mcc <mccdba1_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > We have OEM 10.2.0.5 monitor ORACLE database 10.2.0.4. Recently I
found one statement take 18...