Re: Error TNS already in use during datamart ETL

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:46:52 -0400

The same port cannot be used by multiple listeners. One listener can service multiple databases or multiple services. You cannot however have multiple processes listening on the same port. I don't see the os but on Linux at about that release a second listener could be spawned under high load leading to the symptoms described - this would show up in the fuser command that jared listed.

Niall Litchfield

On Apr 18, 2010 12:35 AM, "Anupam Pandey" <my.oralce_at_gmail.com> wrote:

But this should not be the problem because I can have multiple databases running on same host
and using the same port (say 1521 ) for listener . So the same port can be re-used by multiple database listeners.

Thanks And Regards,

   Anupam Pandey

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote: > > On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 a...