Java connect problem

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:35:56 -0500

List,

I'm trying to configure a JDBC connection to a database. Done this successfully many times. This database is built by our corporate team to their standards. I'm wondering if they've done something to reject JDBC connections. Does anyone have any suggestions? The database and client installation are 10.2.0.4. I can connect through SQL*Net.

Tried Sun's JDBCtest and got the error: Vendor code 17002

Any ideas appreciated. See what happens when you get too old do DBA work - they make you configure Java apps.

Dennis Williams