[OT] It must be the end of Oracle's fiscal year when ...

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:14:25 -0700

... when they don't stop calling you.

(gotta stop answering the phone)

... and when "no", and "we cannot afford it even with steep discounts" are
not acceptable responses.

Oracle: "Can you schedule 30 minutes for me this afternoon to discuss this" Me: "Let me check on the pricing for that. There's no point in discussing it if over a certain threshold, even with steep discounts"

Oracle: "Can you schedule 20 minutes for me this afternoon to discuss this" Me: "Let me check on the pricing for that. There's no point in discussing it if over a certain threshold, even with steep discounts"

Oracle: "Can you schedule 10 minutes for me this afternoon to discuss this" Me: "Please send me the papers you mentioned and I will let you know if we can even discuss this after I check the pricing."

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com