performance question

From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 10:54:51 -0400

Hi dear listers,

I have a very strange performance issue which I couldn't figure it out. I have 2 11.2.0.1 databases with the exactly same parameters, they both on the same server. One sql statement run on both database generated 2 diff plans. So I exported the whole schema stats from the good db, imported it to the bad one. It didn't change the result. I can easily fix the performance issue on the bad db by setting optimizer_feature_enabled to 10g, but I just wondering why the 2 databases have different plans even after I imported the stats and checked the stats.

Thanks,

Joan