Re: anyone seen this weirdness with sequences in 11gr2?

From: Andre van Winssen <dreveewee_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:55:02 +0200

I was merely quoting the oracle note. I myself have never relied on order or consecutiveness of sequence values, only their uniqueness per database instance. this "new" behaviour is unexpected maybe..but makes sense if you read the story behind the no segment clause and the fact that a value given out by a sequence can never be stuffed back into the sequence object. workaround: set deferred_segment_creation=FALSE and the "skip 1 jump" will not happen

kind regards,
Andre