Question on Oracle 10g database control

From: Mandal, Ashoke <ashoke.k.mandal_at_medtronic.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 21:52:53 -0500

I am trying to configure Oracle 10g database control on a Sun Solaris server but for some reason I am experiencing a problem and couldn't locate any notes in Metalink or google on this problem. 1. Executed
Unix> emca -repos create
2. Following are the output messages

Apr 10, 2010 5:16:01 PM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig perform INFO: This operation is being logged at /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_4/cfgtoollogs/emca/tsdn/emca_2010-04-10_05-14-08-PM.log. Apr 10, 2010 5:16:02 PM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig createRepository INFO: Creating the EM repository (this may take a while) ... Apr 10, 2010 5:20:33 PM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig invoke INFO: Repository successfully created
Enterprise Manager configuration completed successfully FINISHED EMCA at Apr 10, 2010 5:20:33 PM

3. Then executed
Unix> emca -config dbcontrol db
Enter the following information:
Database SID: <Entered the database name here> Listener port number: 1521
Password for SYS user: y
Password for DBSNMP user:
Invalid username/password.
Password for DBSNMP user:

I did enter the correct password of both SYS and DBSNMP and not sure why it is complaining about "Invalid username/password".

Any idea?

Thanks,
Ashoke

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE] Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records. To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com