Re: RAC node distance

From: Job Miller <>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:36:45 -0700 (PDT)

PPT summarizing the options:

There is an accompanying white paper as well.  also known as "Stretch Cluster"

From: Nigel Thomas <> Subject: Re: RAC node distance
Cc: "ORACLE-L" <> Date: Thursday, March 25, 2010, 7:02 AM

There have been Oracle-L threads on this subject before: see for example I am aware of at least a couple of "stretch clusters" separated by 30-50 km. A response to my blog post (1/2008) got a response from Dan Norris pointing at Oracle white papers on the subject of "extended distance clusters".

Regards Nigel

2010/3/25 Ram Raman <>:

> Hi

> We have a 2 node RAC for one of our new applications. There are 2 sets

> of application/web servers; each set located on different building separated

> by about 3 city blocks. But, both the RAC nodes are in one of the buildings.

> The management seemed to be inclined to want to separate them in different

> buildings. To me that does not sound like a great idea, with interconnect

> traffic and such. Questions:
#yiv728408574 #avg_ls_inline_popup {padding:0px 0px;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;width:240px;overflow:hidden;word-wrap:break-word;color:black;font-size:10px;text-align:left;line-height:13px;}