Re: Hiding of sensitive information

From: David Ashlock <>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 08:40:37 -0400

Hi Jeffrey, we have a client that currently uses VPD to hide access to data in Apps 11i for businesses that have been divested and they seem very happy with the results. It provides a solid workaround until the data is migrated/purged out of their existing applications environment.

David Ashlock | The Pythian Group | Email: | Desk: 613-565-8696 x239 | Cell: 613-302-3616 | IM: pythianashlock

  • Original Message ----- From: Jeffrey Beckstrom To: oracle-l-freelists ; oracle-db-l Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:35 AM Subject: Hiding of sensitive information

  My question is how are people hiding sensitive information in a Production database. For example, we are running Oracle Applications 11i and would like to protect some fields so that only a few people can see the column. In such an instance, would you setup a virtual private database with column level security or what? Since this is a packaged application, there is no access to the code.

  Jeffrey Beckstrom
  Database Administrator
  Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority   1240 W. 6th Street
  Cleveland, Ohio 44113