RE: undo retention parameter

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:34:26 -0400

If you use the guarantee and it bumps the available maximum storage it can hang future updates until it can release some. Without the guarantee parameter setting it will release some anyway and continue processing.

Other than that I'm not aware of any "its too big" or "its too old" performance issues. I suppose NOT getting a snapshot too old error on a very long running query sooner might be considered a performance benefit of having less retention, but I don't think that is what you're after.

Regards,

mwf