Re: Differential incremental backups - Do you really use them?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:44:13 +0000

Hi pani 200g databases that create 50g of redo a day are good candidates for incremental backups. Well actually on modern hardware i'm probably an order of magnitude out.

On Mar 19, 2010 12:11 PM, "Pani Babu" <panibabu.mail_at_gmail.com> wrote:

The incremental backup topic raises an interesting question for me. I am yet to appreciate
the usefulness of incremental backups. I always use a periodic(daily or weekly) fullback and rely
on archived logs for any restores. If you use incremental backups, do you use them just for large
databases? I am curious to see how prevalent is the incremental in everyone's backup strategy.

Pani