load testing software

From: kyle Hailey <kylelf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:27:05 -0700

Any recommendations on load testing software other than Load Runner with these requirements

   be able to capture a workload via SQL traces or Network sniffing etc    be able manage bind variable values
   work on SQL Server

So for example, I could capture a load via network sniffing and replay it on a snapshot of the databases, but this wouldn't give me any framework for ramping up the user load, only for possibly replaying the captured load faster.

Kyle Hailey

PS targeting 10,000 user load simulation