Memory consumption by Oracle

From: Upendra N <>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 03:26:27 -0400

Here is my burning question...
How to find out the memory consumption by Oracle and how to scale it if one of the node in RAC fails (at a minimum - should have enough memory to handle the additional connections from the failing node). Here is the calculation:
total memory used = SGA size + PGA used + memory allocated for all the connections.

How is "Memory allocated for each connection" is calculated and which statistics should I look at in v$sesstat.

Please let me know if I am missing anything else. Thanks much