Re: Library Cache and Share wait on Latch - Version Count Huge

From: Bobak, Mark <>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:01:48 -0400

Start by looking at v$SQL_shared_cursor to understand why your child cursors are not shareable.

It's possible that it's due to stats generation, but there are many other possibities, and it would be impossible to speculate.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 17, 2010, at 19:40, "Mudhalvan Moovarkku" <<>> wrote:

Dear DBAs

      Greetings. When I check the wait events recently for few days Library Cache and Share Pool wait got the very huge value.

      When i check the V$SQLAREA few sql have very huge versions more than 3000.

       My Database version is 10g Rel2 on Redhat Linux AS4 with update 4.

       This is happening only recently and is it related to Automatic Statistics done on 10g Rel 2.

      Please let me know how to check and avoid it.

Mudhalvan M.M