Best practices for Datawarehouse: RAC or Non-RAC

From: Ravi Gaur <>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:43:07 -0500

I'm sure this topic has been brought up several times before. I'm looking for some documentation /advice for building a new Datawarehouse. It will have the nightly ETL feeds, denormalization, long running queries etc. so I'm looking for some best practices if someone can point me to. Specifically any down-sides of using RAC.
Our hardware is Sun (sun-fire-v495's which will eventually move to T5440s). The OLTP databases that will feed this are a mix of RAC and non-RAC databases (if that matters).

  • Ravi Gaur