Re: SQL*Loader line breaks in fields CSV file

From: Tony Sequeira <>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:44:40 -0000 (GMT)

Hi Andrey and list,

Having found some time to read this, I don't believe it will work for my current circumstances, without manipulating the datafile.

Each datafile line is terminated by a newline. Within each line, there are several fields, some of which may have embedded newlines.

An example follows:

1,"A',"ORACLE-L is a good resource, sometimes",100,, 2,"B","MOS has been superseded by Google, most of the time",110,5,"Z"

Note the last 2 lines, should be treated as one by SQL*Loader.