SQL*Loader line breaks in fields CSV file

From: S. Anthony Sequeira <tony_at_sequeira.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:46:46 -0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I'm working on migrating large amounts of data from a DB2 database to an Oracle 10g database (10.2.0.1) Windows. Will eventually reside in an 11gR2 database (not sure about OS yes, I don't make the decision).

I've having issues with descriptive text fields that contain line breaks. This causes SQL*Loader to throw a fit.

I believe that I will have to manipulate the datafile, to remove the line breaks, I'm hoping that someone somewhere has found a better way.

Regards.
--

Tony

--