RE: Database accidentally left in backup mode

From: Michael Dinh <mdinh_at_XIFIN.Com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 18:28:32 -0700

Alan,

You are right that one day archived log will be deleted and backup actually failed.

BCV takes minutes to backup and any thing longer would spell trouble.

It's my understanding that end_hot_backup would not be called unless BCV was successful.

Otherwise, database would be left it hot backup mode and there is a cron checking this because it has happened before.

If I had a choice, then I would have integrated RMAN with split mirror backup.

But I don't and must live the cards I am dealt with.