Re: Time to upgrade verses size of DB

From: <lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:13:43 -0400

ya, the 17GB database did not have a lot of the components installed that this 171 gb database does. Oracle XDK for Java, OLAP Analytic Workspace, Intermedia, etc, etc. Everyone else answered your question!

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Michael Dinh Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 4:01 PM
To: lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Time to upgrade verses size of DB

From PPT at OOW2009,

Upgrade length

Independent of: size of database and used datatypes.

Dependent on: # of install components and options, valid and non-stale data dict stats, # of synonyms, # objects in XDB, # of data files, size of redo,

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY - This material is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. BE FURTHER ADVISED THAT THIS EMAIL MAY CONTAIN PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION (PHI). BY ACCEPTING THIS MESSAGE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE FOREGOING, AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS: YOU AGREE TO NOT DISCLOSE TO ANY THIRD PARTY ANY PHI CONTAINED HEREIN, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PERFORM YOUR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THE RECEIPT OF THIS MESSAGE. If the reader of this email (and attachments) is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender of the error and delete the e-mail you received. Thank you.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 12:51 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Funny you should ask. I just (3:05pm to 3:30pm EST) ungraded a 10.2.0.4.3 database to 11.1.0.7.0 that was about 15GB. And, now i'm about to upgrade a 171GB database. I'll mail the list with the timing. I would guess that 10.1 to 10.2 would be even quicker then what i'm doing.

Lyall