Re: cheapest way to setup replication using oracle

From: Hernandes Sousa <hernandes.sousa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:15:25 -0300

I'm currently using this kind of replication in my standby machine with Oracle Standard Edition. What you need to do is set up a standby database and ship the logs from the master to the standby, then making the standby apply them.

The whole "manual standby" proccess is very well described here: http://www.databasejournal.com/features/oracle/article.php/3682421/Manual-Standby-Database-under-Oracle-Standard-Edition.htm