Re: Help Interpreting Windows Trace

From: De DBA <>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:35:24 +1000

You can observe this if you get ProcessExplorer, formerly from SysInternals, now available from Microsoft. ( This tool does not install anything, so you can run it safely on the server.

Each oracle instance shows up as a single process image in the process table, as opposed to *NIX where each oracle background process is a separate entity. On Windows the background processes, server processes, etc. are all threads within the Oracle.exe process image.