Re: 32 bit asm for 64 bit db

From: amit bansal <amit.bansal82_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:52:12 +0530

Well checking the *OracleŽ Clusterware Installation Guide 11g Release 1 (11.1) for Linux guide states following* **
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/install.111/b28263/prelinux.htm#BABDGCEH

2.6 Reviewing Hardware Requirements

Each system must meet the following minimum hardware requirements:  2.6.1 Server Architecture

   -

   Select servers with the same chip architecture; running 32-bit and 64-bit    Oracle software versions in the same cluster stack is *not supported*.    -

   If servers run the same operating system binary, then Oracle Clusterware    and Oracle Real Application Clusters support servers with different hardware    in the same cluster.

Cheers