Re: OEM and SNMP

From: David Lord <>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 22:29:24 +0000

Yes, I've configured it and have been using it live for around a year. I didn't have to configure anything on the management server, certainly not snmpd. As Brandon said, I used snmptrapd to test it. You do need to configure OEM itself. I think the steps are:

  1. Create a notification method using the ip address and port for the snmp application;
  2. There's a button to test it. Point it at snmptrapd and you should see the output;
  3. Add the notification method to the database critical states (sorry if I've got the name wrong - I'm not at the console now) notification rule;
  4. Test by raising an alert - I usually shut down an agent - if it sends out the alert via SNMP it will say so in the alert history, but it can take some fiddling to find it.

David Lord