RE: Reading/Interpreting 11g Statspack reports

From: Brooks, Dominic (London)(c) <"Brooks,>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:34:29 -0000

For Statspack interpretation:
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/statspack-examples/

Trouble is that your specific session/business process issues might be drowned out in such a system-wide picture of performance.

If you're looking at a specific process (i.e. your "database-intensive page"), you're probably doing an extended trace (event 10046) of the session(s) involved, maybe running that through tkprof (or looking at the trace file through sqldeveloper which has tkprof-like abilities), focusing on your biggest contributors and then asking "what's changed?"

Cheers,
Dominic