Re: 11.2: how to recover from corrupt ASM spfile?

From: Andreas Piesk <>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 20:20:09 +0100

Robert Bialek schrieb:
>> nope, tried that before, didn't work. ASM instance still terminates.
>> Oracle is currently investigating the issue. their last comment was:
>> it should work :)

> Yes it should... At least in my test environment I'm not able to
> reproduce the problem. The ASM spfile
> recreation works...

thanks for trying to reproduce it. anything special in your pfile? this is mine:

+ASM1.__oracle_base='/opt/oracle/base'#ORACLE_BASE set from in memory value
+ASM2.__oracle_base='/opt/oracle/base'#ORACLE_BASE set from in memory value
+ASM1.asm_diskgroups='RECO'#Manual Mount
+ASM2.asm_diskgroups='RECO'#Manual Mount

and could you send me the ASM alert.log from a manual startup with pfile please?