RE: Auditing clean slate

From: Don Granaman <DonGranaman_at_solutionary.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 11:20:10 -0600

As of 10gR2 at least (and I rather doubt it will ever change), AUDIT_SYS_OPERATIONS=TRUE *never* generates audit trail writes to AUD$, but always to OS files or XML files in audit_file_dest. If AUDIT_TRAIL=DB or OS, it writes to OS files (*.aud). If AUDIT_TRAIL=XML, it writes to XML files.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Terrian, Thomas J Mr CTR DLA J6DIB

I don't think this is the problem since the database next to it also has audit_sys_operations = True but generates no records in sys.aud$.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Mar 05 2010 - 11:20:10 CST

Original text of this message