Re: non-oracle user sourcing oracle environment

From: Carol Dacko <dackoc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 13:58:03 -0500

Jeremy,
We have on our AIX servers both the database software and a separate directory for client software. The database software directory structure is locked down to only folks in the DBA group or people with ROOT. But the client software is open to users to use the executables there. We have done this since the start of our 10g implementations.

HTH!
Carol