Re: Tracking problems

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:12:15 +0000

I'm pretty certain that the first step would be to get a better problem statement, difficult maybe if it is your boss asking. The log checking that you and Grid do is the reactive standard thing. But it appears that there is a very specific reason for a very general question here.Your bosses question is

"There is a problem with connection pools on one of our weblogic servers, is the database OK?"

I think I'd be asking

"What *exactly* is the problem on the weblogic server, is it reporting an Oracle error, has it got a performance issue, what logs does weblogic have that indicate a database issue?"

I've spent far too much of my life chasing problems that didn't actually exist to spend too much more time doing that.

cheers

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield