Is it possible to peek at the definition of x$tables?

From: Martin Bach <>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 10:38:15 +0000

Dear list members,

I am trying to find out more about the sql_opcode column in gv$active_session_history. The reference is not very helpful by stating the obvious (command type executed).

I was hoping to get more clues from the view defition, but all it does (from v$fixed_view_definition) is telling me that v$active_session_history references x$ash and x$kewash.

I found x$ash in v$fixed_table but can't see how it's defined. Maybe that's a dead end anyway...

Any pointers appreciated.

Martin Bach
OCM 10g