Re: Oracle Financials

From: John Kanagaraj <>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 20:57:52 -0800

Hi James

> Can anyone recommend any good books/sites for Oracle Financials?

I think the best one is : "Installing, Upgrading and Maintaining Oracle E-business Suite Applications Release 11.5.10+ Or, Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks - Release 11i Care and Feeding" by Barbara Matthews, John Stouffer, Karen Brownfield, all very experienced (and I do get a mention in it because I clarified an issue with Histograms to John). I also know of "Oracle Application DBA Field Guide" by Elke Phelps and Paul Jackson, but I haven't read it so cannot comment.

As for websites, check out - you can access a lot of material if you join this user group. They run a listserv that is quite active, and you can join for free (just like ORACLE-L).

Hope this helps!

John Kanagaraj <>< (Sorry - not an Oracle blog!)