Re: Oracle CLient on MAC OS X

From: De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 09:47:10 +1000

Hi Masha,

I've just gone through this on Snow Leopard. I could not have completed the install without the instructions from Alex Gorbachev here:

http://www.pythian.com/news/1937/quick-install-guide-for-oracle-10g-release-2-on-mac-os-x-leopard-intel/

Following the suggestions in his blog and the lengthy discussion below it you can get a client running, but no database. Raimonds Simanovskis offers some valuable help to do that here:

http://blog.rayapps.com/2009/09/14/how-to-install-oracle-database-10g-on-mac-os-x-snow-leopard/

I have now a well-performing database running on my sparkling new Macbook Pro, thank to these two blogs!

Cheers,
Tony