changing back from using vip to physical ip

From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 15:18:47 -0800

Hi
In an Oracle applicationngs environment, is it possible to change back from using a vip configuration to a physical ip configuration. This is just a short term fix or workaround for an issue that we are experiencing.
With vip what is happening is that even if there is a slight network glitch, the ipmp is initiating the failover and node1 vip fails over to node2 and listener on node 2 also goes down at the same tim. While the network enginners and unix sysadmins are trying to figure out the issue, we got this idea (not a good idea but if we can alteast hold the application then it would be a relief to the users because this is happening frequently). So idea is
1. define a listener with physical IP and bring it up
2. Relink OH without rac
3. Make relevant changes to init.ora

May be 2 and 3 are not neccessary but good to have. 4. Run autoconfig on all middle tiers and for other 3 party apps change tns entries and change jdbc connections to use physical IP instead of vip.

Is this possible at all ?

Thank you
Kumar