Re: active-pasive cluster in linux

From: David Ballester <>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:00:42 +0100

2010/2/23 LS Cheng <>

> That is my point even mounting and dismounting filesystems is doable do we
> really want to do it working with a clustering software which does not know
> about filesystems except his own "filesystem" which is ASM? That is why I
> said ASM is a must if we want to use Oracle Clusterware to setup an
> active-passive cluster.
> Thanks
> --

Why i answered the first time is 'cause your sentence "you need ASM" scared me a little. If i was not able to know about oracle clusterware, reading your sentence i could think that oracle clusterware was only designed for Oracle databases and this is not true, oracle clusterware is a generalistic clusterware software and can be used to manage any type of 'service' and for several environments is a very good option to have a clusterware manager at low cost