RE: Script to Document a Database

From: D'Hooge Freek <>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 14:45:34 +0100

Have a look at plato ( This tool can generate offline html pages to document your environment, but can also be used online using mod_plsql.

Freek D'Hooge
Oracle Database Administrator
tel +32(0)3 451 23 82

From: [] On Behalf Of Jay Hostetter Sent: donderdag 25 februari 2010 14:00
Subject: Script to Document a Database

I have a script that we run weekly on our databases.  It creates some basic documentation about the database (users, tablespaces, segments, v$parameters, jobs etc.).  I was going to update this script to inlcude more information, but I thought I would first check to see if there are any good scripts out there that do this sort of thing.  I didn't find too much when I was searching around.  IIRC RDA creates a nice HTML document (it's been quite some time since I ran it).  I was interested in pulling the information remotely - not using RDA locally on each box, so I have ruled out RDA.  I don't want to be too intruisive on these database servers.  I just wanted some handy-dandy documentation for reference without reinventing the wheel.

Thank you,