Oracle RAC interconnect method - 10g, Infiniband ?

From: Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:29:56 -0500

I am looking for some input from DBA's that have worked on Oracle RAC using something faster than gigabit Ethernet. We are getting ready to build some large Linux RAC clusters that may have as many as 10-14 nodes, so the interconnect performance has me concerned. I noticed that 10 G Ethernet switches are starting to become more mainstream, so if anybody could share their experiences with me using this equipment with RAC I would appreciate it. Did it help performance? How troublesome was the install / configuration of the hardware and server NICs / drivers ?

On that note, if anybody has any performance experience in running RAC back to back to compare jumbo frames vs. standard frames that would also be helpful.