Re: active-pasive cluster in linux

From: David Ballester <ballester.david_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 00:26:00 +0100

2010/2/22 LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>

> Hi
>
> You can use OCFS2 if you wish but basically you need some sort of Cluster
> Filesystem or Volume Manager such as ASM.
>
> I dont mention OCFS2 because introducing two clustering software (OCFS2 and
> CRS) for a Single instance Active Passive solution is a bit too much in my
> opinion that is why I said you are forced to use ASM (runs on top of CRS).
>
> Thanks

Or not use ocfs2 or any cluster filesystem, the only node that needs to have mounted the filesystems is the active one

If you try to mount a non cluster filesystem in another node while is mounted in a first one, the other node should answer 'partition used' or something similar ( prevents corruption )

when switching from nodes, as part of the automatic process, one node should umount and the other mount ( may be fsck first )

Regards

D.