RE: RMAN: Partial Backup: Metadata Only in Some Tablespaces and Full Data in Another

From: Langston, Chris <Chris.Langston_at_aa.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 16:02:15 -0600

I agree. Thank you for your input.

Chris Langston

From: Allen, Brandon [mailto:Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com] Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 4:00 PM
To: Langston, Chris; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: RMAN: Partial Backup: Metadata Only in Some Tablespaces and Full Data in Another

I can understand their concerns, but at least RMAN and Datapump are standard Oracle-provided & supported utilities so it's not like you're using some obscure 3rd-party tools, and as long as the procedure is well documented and, the recovery procedure is fully tested and validated (as it should be with any backup strategy), then I think it should be a solid solution.

From: Langston, Chris [mailto:Chris.Langston_at_aa.com]

I think the recovery is what they would balk at since it would require two different processes rather than one cookie-cutter solution for all.

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, please do not read, distribute, or take action in reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please notify me immediately by return email and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer system.