RE: ASM on SAN

From: Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:19:12 -0500

One thing I would recommend is to add additional LUN's for voting disk and OCR. In the past we did not mirror ocr or voting disks, and this has been found to be a mistake so we changed our standard build policy to include these mirrors. Make sure to have at least 2 LUN's for voting disk, and 2 LUN's for OCR and mirror then via Oracle. Each uses less than 1gb of space (usually less than 100mb each but we provision at 1gb as that is the minimum size for LUN's for our SAN).

And to reiterate what others have said- hardware mirroring / raid is faster than software mirroring.