SOLVED:RE: need help trying to find a post or blog on nfs and locking of files

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:47:56 -0500

Thanks everyone for pointing me to the post.

Much appreciated

I’m trying to find a thread or a blog that I read last week or month. I think it was a discussion on nfs with solaris and how the database went down and when they tried to reboot the nas had locked the files so the whole nas had to be rebooted. I think the fix was to change some settings on the nas. I know I’m not being very descriptive and it might even have been in the comments on a blog. I’ve searched my browser history and searched through Kevin closson and glen fawcett’s blog but I can’t find it.

A colleague of mine has run into this problem and I know I’ve read about it, I just can’t remember where. If this twigs anything in anybody, please let me know.

Thanks

Mike