PowerBuilder application preformance

From: LeRoy Kemnitz <lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 08:54:26 -0600 (CST)

I have an application developed in PowerBuilder and connects to Oracle 10.2.0.4. I have a data window in the app that has a master window on it and sub windows below it. When a user clicks the row in the window on the top half of the screen, the details of the record appears in the lower 2 windows. All works fine except slow.

After upgrading to the 10 and/or 11 windows oracle client the response time for the detail record performance has doubled. With each upgrade, we changed the ora8 in the ini files to ora10 or ora11. We traced the timing of the calls and building of the sql on the back side. So we tried to adjust the versions of the Sybase drivers that were being called. By using the ora8 in the ini file we were using, performance is ideal was fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?

LeRoy Kemnitz
UW System Administration
Database Administrator