Re: Would you recommend such an application for production use?

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:07:04 -0800

comments inline:

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Goulet, Richard <> wrote:

> Brother does this list ever produce mountains of messages in the blink
> of an eye!!

Hey, it's a vital community! :)

> OK, so while creating objects in the sys schema is not the most
> brilliant thing to do it's not exactly totally unknown.

I think it is a good idea for the DBA in question to provide some documented security concerns for such issues if possible, in addition to the support concerns.

As decisions to buy a product are almost never based on input from a DBA, it is still valid for the DBA to raise concerns.

That way when the tidal wave of problems rushes in, the DBA is in a fairly secure position. Even better if she/he already knows how to deal with the problems.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: Home Page: