Oracle Client not passing Windows Domain portion of connect info ?

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:20:46 -0600

Anyone know how the Oracle Client (10.2) passes the DOMAIN portion of the client info to the remote DB server?

It appears that my Oracle 10.2.0.1 client (nor 10.2.0.4) are passing the DOMAIN portion. I'm on an AD network.

I've turned on auditing and verified that the username passed in is "TAYLORCD" without the domain portion and receives ORA-01017 invalid username/password. Only the initial connect attempt experiences this behavior.

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com<mailto:chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.