Re: Would you recommend such an application for production use?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:45:06 -0600 (CST)

> Same question... would you recommend SAP for production use... I guarantee,
> SAP is a LOT more invasive to the DB than what you describe...
>
> Alan.-

JDEdwards E1 is the opposite -- it's attempt at being DB-agnostic is shown by it's GRANT ALL ON tablename TO PUBLIC for every table in the DB. At least that's a nice smoking gun for me to be able to reject any non-application login to the Production DB (and having management not only back me up, but encourage me to protect our valuable data!).

IT Devs still get SELECT access via DB link -- and their own TEMP tablespace. :)

Rich