RE: Use of Oracle Restart in 11.2

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:22:49 +0100

It is my understanding that the grid infrastructure will shutdown the database on server shutdown. But I have not tested this.

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator
email: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
tel +32(0)3 451 23 82
http://www.uptime.be
disclaimer: www.uptime.be/disclaimer

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Peter Hitchman Sent: donderdag 18 februari 2010 14:09
To: oracle-l
Subject: Use of Oracle Restart in 11.2

Hi List,
I set -up a single instance grid infrastructure with Oracle Restart configured so that it brings up the listener and database (no ASM on this box) when the server restarts. All well and good.

But what about shutdown on a normal reboot? I followed the OBE instuctions and removed the rc script that would stop/start the database. Of course the database does a crash recovery. Does any one know if this is what Oracle Corp now expects to be done, that there is no (or at least very little) chance of there being a corruption in the database that cannot be recovered from, when the instance is still running when the server reboots?

Thanks

Pete