Re: memory related problems

From: Helter Skelter <>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:29:07 -0800 (PST)

sorry, I forget...
grid 11gR2
rhel5 x64

From: Helter Skelter <> To: oracle-l <> Sent: Wed, February 17, 2010 10:26:30 PM Subject: memory related problems

I've got some strange memory related problems on my test environment. Here is my configuration:

System memory32GB

sga_target 24G

kernel.shmmax = 25316935680
kernel.shmall = 12361785
vm.nr_hugepages = 12293

oracle               hard    memlock  25176064
oracle               soft    memlock  25176064

I've started oracle from sqlplus - everything works as expected:

Mem:         32192      26620       5571          0         23        722
Swap:        20191          0      20191

HugePages_Total: 12293
HugePages_Free:      4
HugePages_Rsvd:      0
Hugepagesize:     2048 kB

Then, oracle autostart disabled ->reboot of server->sqlplus ->startup -> OK :)

But...I've enabled autostart (srvctl), restarted server and then problems appears - a lot of swapping, high server load, oracle processes psp, mman, lmon at 70-80% cpu and in the end: Process MMAN died, see its trace file
USER: terminating instance due to error 443

after that I can with no problems start database with sqlplus, but when I stop it again and try start it with srvctl - the same...swappping, high load etc...

any ideas where is the problem ?