RAC: different O_H for instances on different nodes?
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:27:11 +0100
maybe some RAC-guru can help me:
Config: 2 node RAC (Solaris_at_SPARC) 18.104.22.168 several DBs there, one particular
currently, both instances are using the
ORACLE_HOME=/appl/oracle/product/11107 (local installed on every node)
I would like to do the following steps:
1) install a new O_H on both nodes: /appl/oracle/product/11107_PATCH (with PSU 22.214.171.124.2 - this patch is marked as "rolling RAC installable")
2) shutdown Instance1 CDB111T11
3) change the config for Instance1 to use the new O_H
3) startup Instance1 4) shutdown Instance2 CDB111T12 5) change the config for Instance2 to use the new O_H
6) startup Instance2
7) run the post-sql "_at_catbundle.sql psu apply" on Instance2
I just does not know how to change the O_H on a per Instance base; srvctl modify seems to only let me chose one O_H per database (which is a nonsens in my opinion).
can someone please help me if (and how) step 3 and 5 is possible?