Re: 10204 RAC upgrade

From: Sanjay Mishra <>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 20:05:09 -0800 (PST)

I agree with you that rolling upgrade is done with Cluster up on all Nodes. The point I made is that you have to run by taking CRS down. THis is last comment of successfull upgrade to stop Crs and then execute Here is the output.

My point was to verify if two or more nodes can execute simultaneously or we have to wait for one node to finish and then go to next node. The last part is doing some OCR Key creation which I want to see as if this conflict if two or more node are executing it. I really appreciate if you can comment as how these OCR key portion affect the OCR. Is it updating OCR that CRS is upgraded. Is any upgrade information is stored in the OCR also.

oracle_at_host1:> sudo /oracle/product/CRS/bin/crsctl stop crs
Stopping resources. This could take several minutes.
Error while stopping resources. Possible cause: CRSD is down.
oracle_at_host1:> sudo /oracle/product/CRS/install/
Creating pre-patch directory for saving pre-patch clusterware files
Completed patching clusterware files to /oracle/product/CRS
Relinking some shared libraries.
Relinking of patched files is complete.
WARNING: directory '/oracle/product' is not owned by root
WARNING: directory '/oracle' is not owned by root
Preparing to recopy patched init and RC scripts.
Recopying init and RC scripts.
Startup will be queued to init within 30 seconds.
Starting up the CRS daemons.
Adding daemons to inittab
Waiting for the patched CRS daemons to start.
  This may take a while on some systems.
10204 patch successfully applied.
clscfg: EXISTING configuration version 3 detected.
clscfg: version 3 is 10G Release 2.
Successfully accumulated necessary OCR keys.
Using ports: CSS=49895 CRS=49896 EVMC=49898 and EVMR=49897.
node 1: host1 host1-rac host1
Creating OCR keys for user 'root', privgrp 'system'..
Operation successful.
clscfg -upgrade completed successfully