Re: standby database backup

From: Helter Skelter <helter.skelterr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 07:53:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I've made some tests and it works.
Unfortunately I can't use flashback database because it's a standard edition :/

thanks

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de> To: helter.skelterr_at_yahoo.com
Cc: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Mon, February 15, 2010 4:37:39 PM
Subject: Re: standby database backup

Hi there,

this is not really the answer to your question (I think that's been given already), but can you make use of the flashback database feature?

It can be used to flash the database prior to it's resetlogs scn. You can then convert it to a physical standby database and put it back into managed recovery mode. I think this is explained in the Data Guard Concepts and Administration guide, chapter "scenarios".

Hope that helps,

Martin

Martin Bach
OCM 10g