Re: Oracle documentation

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:31:33 +0000

Hi Norman,

On 02/15/2010 12:56 PM, Dunbar, Norman wrote: [trying to avoid overquoting]

> it is for this very reason that I have had a local copy of the Oracle
> docs on my desktop (and/or laptop) for many years. Responses and uptime
> were never much good (in my opinion) so a local copy was the only way to
> go.

me too but I found that the downloadable "library" doesn't receive updates :( I know for a fact that my downloaded documentation library bundle didn't include information about problems with Clusterware and < 11.2 databases (node pinning). Very disappointing, especially since MOS is equally (un-)reliable. Update notifications are also published via RSS feeds (available via http://www.oracle.com/pls/db112/new_html), but who wants to go through all of them...

Well I guess there is no choice....

Martin

--
Martin Bach